Produce & maintain Inland Rail Project Schedules, covering property, development, procurement linking into construction, commissioning and operations.
The Australian Rail Track Corporation (ARTC) plays a critical role in the national transport supply chain and in the overall economic development of Australia. Managing and operating more than 8,500 km of track in New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Western Australia, and Queensland, makes ARTC one of Australia's largest rail network owners.
The Inland Rail Program is a 1700km rail infrastructure project stretching from Brisbane to Melbourne incorporating a new and existing rail track. The program includes the upgrading of the existing standard gauge track, the enhancement of the existing standard gauge track to cater for double stacking, and the construction of new standard gauge links comprising of viaducts, tunnels, rail track, crossings, and bridges. More information relating to the project can be found here: http://inlandrail.artc.com.au.
About the Position
We have two exciting opportunities for a Planner to join the Inland Rail program in our Brisbane and Sydney offices on a 12-month contract or 24-month fixed term contract based on your availability. This role will sit within the PMO team and will be a key contributor to the Property Planning function.
As the Planner for QLD or NSW, you will be accountable for producing and maintaining the Inland Rail Property Planning schedules, covering property acquisitions and resumptions linking into construction activities in NSW or QLD. The position will primarily support the coordination and administration of the schedules to ensure timely completion within the required specifications, schedule and budgets facilitating the integration of the individual Projects property schedule within the overall Program schedule.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to demonstrate 10 years + experience in planning roles on heavy construction projects or major linear infrastructure projects, including strong client-side experience, commercial acumen, and the ability to manage multiple stakeholders.
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering, Construction Management, Quantity Surveying, or equivalent relevant experience.
- Advanced knowledge and experience using Primavera P6 resource loaded schedules, Earned Value Management systems, and forensic analysis techniques
- A strong commitment to a disciplined project controls the environment
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications to produce reports and presentations
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to use judgment and discretion in the dissemination of information
- A strong analytical mind and problem-solving ability
- A strong understanding of civil/structural planning and rail systems, including experience in the development of site access plans, detailed logistics plans will be highly advantageous.
creating new opportunities for businesses, industries, and the regional community. The values that drive us and the work we deliver in the program incorporate Future Thinking, Active Engagement, No Harm, and Results. We welcome like-minded individuals who value our culture.
At Inland Rail, we celebrate, support, and thrive on attracting people from all horizons and walks of life for the benefit of our employees, our program, and our community. ARTC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to submit their details to us. All employment is decided based on suitability to the role, cultural fit, merit, and business needs
Please note that the applications are reviewed as they come. Do not delay your application.
- Opportunity based in Brisbane, QLD and Sydney, NSW
- Mega Project Exposure - Iconic Inland Rail
- 12 Month Contract OR 24-Month Fixed Term Contract
Date posted: March 29, 2021