2 Project Engineers - Be involved in the planning phase of the PPP segments. Design review, planning coordination, community engagement planning.
Want to be a part of Australia’s largest freight rail infrastructure project?
Inland Rail is a 1.700km fast freight backbone, connecting Melbourne and Brisbane that will transform how we move goods around Australia, better linking business, manufacturers and producers to national and global markets.
The Australian Government is delivering Inland Rail through the Australian Rail Track Corporation in partnership with the private sector. More information relating to the project can be found here: http://inlandrail.artc.com.au.
About the Positions
We are looking for 2 Project Engineers to work on the Private Public Partnership Segment of the Inland Rail program. We are undertaking the Environment Impact Studies and are on planning approval phase on the Gowrie to Kagaru sections.
The purpose of the role is to assist the Project Managers in the delivery of all project engineering and technical disciplines needed to complete the Inland Rail Program within scheduled timeframes, within budget and in a safe manner.
The incumbents will effectively support the Project Managers to ensure project delivery requirements with internal functions are effectively managed including costing, scoping and development of project controls and measures to resolve contractual and delivery issues as they arise.
At the direction of the Project Manager, the incumbents represent ARTC during consultation with the local community, members of government, government officials and/or any other third-party groups or organisations.
The incumbents will provide quantitative and qualitative reports regarding the status and performance of components of the Inland Rail projects including preparing various technical and evaluation reports.
The Project Engineers assist in resolving interface issues between the services providers and ARTC Inland Rail as well as assisting the Project Managers in monitoring and evaluating the performance of the projects against KPI’s.
This role will be perfect for individuals who want to be involved in the planning phase of a Major Infrastructure Project. This gives you the opportunity to work with a close-knit multidisciplinary team on one of the most complex and challenging section of the Inland Rail Corridor.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Degree in civil engineering or equivalent qualifications and eligibility to CPEng
- Demonstrated experience in engineering, or project management of track, civil, structures and/or signalling.
- Knowledge of or an awareness of work health and safety principles and relevant rail safety legislation.
- Demonstrable ability to work in an organised, well ordered manner.
- Highly developed written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Highly developed problem resolution and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated commercial acumen.
- Driver’s Licence – Class C
- Experience in major project procurement including tendering and negotiation of contracts of varying complexities including in the administration, management and delivery of technical requests for information (RFI) would be advantageous
- Client-side project delivery experience in planning phase – Environmental approvals, Reference design, procurement will be highly regarded.
- You will join one of the largest infrastructure programs in Australia
- This project will generate thousands of jobs and billions of dollars in local investment, boosting regional economies and communities right along the alignment.
- Inland Rail is proud to have over 40% female representation and we would like to see these numbers grow State-of-the-art, agile workspace in Brisbane CBD
- Inland Rail is an Agile working environment in our State-of-the Art office embracing flexible working
- Inland Rail adopted a collaborative approach to the delivery of the project, leading all parties involved to work toward the same goal. This fosters the displayed behaviours of Respect, Honesty, Integrity and Reliability.
At Inland Rail, we celebrate, support, and thrive on attracting people from all horizons and walks of life for the benefit of our employees, our program, and our community. ARTC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to submit their details to us. All employment is decided based on suitability to the role, cultural fit, merit, and business needs.
As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to consent to a National Criminal History Check.
Appointment is subject to ARTC's medical fitness standards relative to the position. ARTC is a drug and alcohol-free working environment.
If this position is of interest, please click 'Apply Now'. Please note that applications are reviewed from point of advertising so don’t delay your application.
- Brisbane, QLD
- Mega-Project Exposure - Iconic Inland Rail Program
- 18-month contracts
Date posted: April 15, 2021
Engineering Project Management Brisbane Permanent / Full Time