Provide project support to the Program Manager and Delivery Team in conjunction with the coordination and management of project delivery objectives.
The Australian Rail Track Corporation (ARTC) plays a critical role in the national transport supply chain and in the overall economic development of Australia. Managing and operating more than 8,500 km of track in New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Western Australia and Queensland, makes ARTC one of Australia's largest rail network owners.
The Australian Government selected ARTC to deliver the Inland Rail Program, a leading edge, career defining infrastructure project which is set to enhance supply chains and complete the backbone of the sustainable national freight network between Brisbane to Melbourne. Comprising 13 individual projects and spanning more than 1,700 km, Inland Rail is the largest freight rail infrastructure project in Australia and one of the most significant infrastructure projects in the world. More information relating to the project can be found here: http://inlandrail. com.au.
About the Position
Inland Rail are currently seeking an experienced Project Support Coordinator to join the Signalling team based in our Brisbane office in a full time, permanent capacity.
The role will provide project support to the Program Manager and Delivery Team in conjunction with the coordination and management of project delivery objectives and milestones including delivering reporting, governance, process improvement, document control, policies and procedures.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Liaison with key internal functional stakeholders and SME’s to coordinate project delivery and business requirements, including but not limited to IT, HR and safety, communications, office accommodation, facilities
- Contribution to maintaining a high performing team environment that actively contributes to the achievement of key objectives and project delivery
- Creating, establish and maintain various progress, technical, reports, presentations and briefing notes as required
- Liaison with relevant internal and external stakeholders regarding governance meetings and events
- Providing guidance to the project delivery team on the application of ARTC policies and procedures. Managing compliance of the project delivery team with ARTC business and operational requirements
- Coordination of training and development activities
- Identifying, reviewing and implementing business process improvements
- Managing business services procurement for the project delivery team, including purchase orders and travel (i.e. overseeing and reviewing all corporate travel bookings and policies, as the primary contact for vendors). Management of relevant contracts.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Proficient knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office applications
- Highly developed written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience with internal and external stakeholder management
- Highly developed problem resolution and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work with limited supervision and make independent decisions when necessary
- Demonstrated ability to use judgement and discretion when dealing with enquiries and dissemination of information.
We celebrate, support, and thrive on recruiting people from all horizons and walks of life for the benefit of our employees, our program, and our community. ARTC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to submit their details to us. All employment is decided on the basis of suitability to the role, cultural fit, merit, and business needs.
If this position is of interest, please click 'Apply Now'
- Based in Brisbane, QLD
- Coordinate project delivery and business requirements
- Permanent Position
Date posted: March 30, 2021