Senior Role having direct input in the digital strategy, managing more junior staff. Impact Inland Rail program
Want to be a part of Australia’s largest freight rail infrastructure project?
Inland Rail is a 1,700km fast freight backbone, connecting Melbourne and Brisbane that will transform how we move goods around Australia, better linking business, manufacturers and producers to national and global markets.
The Australian Government is delivering Inland Rail through the Australian Rail Track Corporation in partnership with the private sector. Find out more about our project on our website: http://inlandrail.artc.com.au.
About the position
Digital Engagement is critical to the success of Inland Rail. Inland Rail engages with a wide variety of audiences and the digital strategy is one of the key enablers for our Stakeholders Engagement Strategies. The Senior Digital Engagement Advisor is responsible for leading the development, design and maintenance of best practice digital communications and engagement platforms and tools and ensuring that all digital engagement strategies and content are aligned with Inland Rail values and strategic priorities. You will join a busy environment working on a project that is under construction in some area of the alignment with requirements to communicate often, accurately and on various topics.
Some of the key responsibilities for this role include:
- Lead and manage the development and implementation of digital deliverables for a range of projects and initiatives
- Provide strategic digital engagement planning and communications advice to support Inland Rail teams
- Identify issues, risks and business improvement opportunities and provide appropriate strategies to improve our digital engagement
- Provide effective leadership for the Digital Engagement Advisor
- Oversee the day to day activity of Inland Rail’s external digital engagement platforms
- Lead and manage the development of new web functionality, visualisations, animations, other multimedia content and digital tools that showcase the project and increase engagement and advocacy
- Manage external contractors to support implementation of digital strategies, ensuring that procurement guidelines, budgets and deadlines are adhered to
This role will suit someone with demonstrated experience working at a senior level in digital communications.
You’ll need an interdisciplinary skillset that you can apply to manage innovative digital projects, navigate complex technical challenges, produce quality written content and provide effective leadership.
We’re looking for a positive person with highly developed interpersonal skills who can juggle multiple tasks and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
You will also be able to demonstrate
- Tertiary qualifications in digital communications, new media, marketing or relevant field, or equivalent experience;
- You will have experience using website content management systems and knowledge WordPress would be a plus;
- You will have experience managing small teams;
- Experience in developing and implementing digital engagement strategies and plans;
- Ability to write web content to a consistently high standard;
- Working knowledge of digital media and digital technologies to support engagement;
- Team leadership experience;
- High level of project management and administration skills with proven ability in setting priorities, meeting deadlines and keeping accurate records for project reporting;
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to negotiate with key stakeholders inside and outside of the organisation; and,
- Hands-on experience with WordPress content management system.
What you’ll be joining
- You will join one of the largest infrastructure programs in Australia
- This project will generate thousands of jobs and billions of dollars in local investment, boosting regional economies and communities right along the alignment.
- Inland Rail is proud to have over 40% female representation and we would like to see these numbers grow
- Inland Rail is an agile working environment in our state-of-the art office embracing flexible working
At Inland Rail, we celebrate, support, and thrive on attracting people from all horizons and walks of life for the benefit of our employees, our program, and our community. ARTC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to submit their details to us. All employment is decided based on suitability to the role, cultural fit, merit, and business needs
As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to consent to a National Criminal History Check.
Appointment is subject to ARTC's medical fitness standards relative to the position. ARTC is a drug and alcohol-free working environment.
If this position is of interest, please click 'Apply Now'. Please note that applications are reviewed from point of advertising don’t delay your application.
- Based in Brisbane, QLD
- Mega-Project Exposure - Iconic Inland Rail Program
- 6-month Fixed Term contract
Date posted: September 6, 2021